Monday, September 16, 2013

My Momma



Have you ever seen the show Gilmore Girls? It is one of my favorite TV shows! I have watched it since I was young. It really shows the love and friendship of a mother and her daughter (as you can see in the picture above). My mother and I have often said while we would watch that show that our relationship would be close just like Lorelai and Rory's. Life often changes. Teenagers get grouchy. Parents get divorced. The once, close and lovable relationship drifts apart. But people can decide to change. Forgiveness is an important thing to remember. Doctrine and Covenants 98:39-47 really helped me to remember that we are all human. We all do things in our life that we think is best even if others don't. We all judge. But most important, it helped me to understand that judging is not okay. The Lord wants us to forgive again and again. I am so grateful for the scriptures being in my life. The scriptures are there for us when we need them. They have lessons that we can learn from. They are there to help us. I am also grateful for families. No matter what the situation is, your family is stuck to you. In the end you will be there for each other. I am so happy that my mother and I are able to begin to have a close and happy relationship again. She is so funny and knowledgable. I am able to learn so much from her. 



                                       

1 comment: