Monday, March 2, 2015

Pictures AND Long post!!

We made crepes for some of our friends and labelled them :)
Christ
Remembers
Every
Person
Especially
Special People Like You! We love you!!! 
-2 Nephi 4:15-16-

Madainn Mhath (Good Morning) -> pronounced "Matin Vah"
Feasgar Math (Good Afternoon) -> pronounced "Fesker Mah"
Oidhche Mhath (Good night) -> pronounced "Oycher Vah"
Just a little Gaelic for ya :) 



Volunteering at Action Aid charity Shop :) 
Eating Fish and Chips with the Maddocks! :) I LOVE FISH AND CHIPS with salt and vinegar and ketchup! :D
Funny Story from the Stornoway sisters:A few weeks back Sister Brozzu and I went to a friends mother's funeral service in a different church. When the preacher guy went up to pray he lifted up both arms above his head, and I went to do the same thing. As I was lifting my arms I realized no one else was doing it as well, so I stopped myself. A few days after that Sister Brozzu and I were teaching an investigator and we asked him if he would be comfortable closing with a prayer. He said he had never prayed before, but he didn't mind as long as it was discreet (we were in public afterall). We said okay, and both began to put our arms up the way the preacher guy did. Our investigator's eyes got very wide, and Sister Brozzu and I looked at each other in horror realizing that we both had the funny idea, so he probably thought we were serious. Haha, no worries though. He is a cool guy and when we explained that we were only joking he laughed about it. :)
My Week Feb. 16th - 22nd:
This week was so fun! On Monday (16 Feb) we went to the Stornoway castle! Woot, woot! I love that in the mission there are so many castles for us to see! At the top of the Stornoway castle Griffin's are carved into it. I told people they did that because they knew I was coming. ;)
Tuesday was a good day. District Meeting was about the importance of Family History and sharing it with others. I am so grateful for my Grandad and the pictures and stories he sent me of his parents. That is exactly what I need for the "My Family Booklet". If anyone else has pictures and stories that they can send of our ancestors that would be very helpful. We also went to teach our internigator (Investigator who has been learning for eternity ie over a year) Coleen. Our friend, Davy, who is a recent convert came with us to teach. He bore such a beautiful testimony. It is always amazing to me to hear new converts of the church bear testimony. Later that day we went to our neighbors home with freshly baked cookies. She was very friendly. We taught her about the importance of families in our church and how the gospel can strengthen her family. She said her and her husband have been looking for a religion to raise their two adorable children in. She invited us to come back when her husband is home so we can teach the family the Restoration. That was very exciting!!! :)
The 18th (Wednesday) was a good day. We were able to teach a guy named Jens. He is really cool. It is hard because he is going to college and has a girlfriend and is in a band and has to work on his motorcycle a lot, so he is very busy. But is was SO GOOD to teach him!!! That evening we were able to visit a family from the branch. Catriona and Alastair are both so friendly. It was nice to visit with them and get to know them better. :)
Thursday was an interesting day. I really learned the concept of fearing God more than man. I got a prompting that we needed to read the story of the 10 Virgins with a less active woman. She says she knows the church is true and she loves the Gospel and Jesus Christ, but she goes to a different church. Not only that, but she calls this other church "her church". Anyway, I wasn't too sure how this lesson would go with her... Sister Brozzu said it would be fine because she isn't the best at applying what we teach to her own life anyway. So we went and we read Matt 25:1-13, D&C 133:10, D&C 33:13, Matt 7:21-23. She acted like she really enjoyed the lesson. We never once told her if we thought she was like the foolish virgins or the wise ones. We simply invited her to make a list of things she needs to do to personally prepare herself for the coming of the Lord and actions she can be taking to be prepared. She said she understood and she smiled and said she can't wait for our next visit. I was proud of myself because I listened to the prompting of the Spirit and I was teaching boldly and lovingly. That night we received a text from this less active woman. She sent a very long message saying that it was wrong of me to judge her and think of her as the foolish virgin. She told me that I am just a stupid 21 year old and I don't know anything about life. Apparently we need middle aged missionaries who understand life and the word of God. It was a lot to take in. I did reply to her text saying I am so sorry if I offended her. I know that I am young, but I was called by the prophet of the Lord to be here sharing the gospel. We all have things we need to work on. Not one of us is perfect and we should all be preparing ourselves for the coming of the Lord. Then I finished by saying if she has any suggestions of how I can improve to please let me know. I prayed so hard the rest of the week for her. I don't want her to hate the Gospel of Jesus Christ because she does not like me and what I said to her in a lesson. Then I realized that fear comes from Satan. I did my part. I taught what I know to be true. If she was doing the things she should have been doing then she would have no need to be offended. It was an interesting lesson anyway.
Friday is our Day of Service. We volunteer at a Charity Shop called Action Aid from 10am-12. Then we have a lunch break for an hour. Afterwards we volunteer at another charity shop called Save the Children. When we are done with that we go to a Retirement Center and take Gaelic Lessons. Then at 6:30pm music night starts. It is a really cool day because we are able to talk to a lot more people than we normally would. If we are on the streets are knocking doors people avoid us as if we have leprosy.
The rest of the week was pretty quiet. We just prepared to take a plane to Glasgow on Monday, the 23rd. :)
Hope that you all had a wonderful week! :) 
xoxo 
Thank you for all of your love and support. 
Remember what President Monson said, "Prayer is not just for times of trouble." Our Father in Heaven loves you very much. He wants to hear from you at all times! He is there for you and will help you with anything. Sometimes it is nice to just say a gratitude prayer. "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, count your many blessings; name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. Count your blessings; name them one by one. Count your blessings; see what God hath done. Count your blessings; name them one by one. Count your many blessings; see what God hath done."
Alma 34:38 That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you.

No comments:

Post a Comment