Monday, November 3, 2014

My week :)






My dear friends and family,

It has come to my attention that I haven't written a proper, good email to ye informing you's of my missionary life. I am loving the mission. I am getting a little nervous because what they say is true- the mission does fly after 9 months! I feel like days are a blur! 

This last week was really good. I love Sister Montoya. Training is difficult, but by no means because of her. It is difficult because you are able to take a good, long look at yourself and your progression and either be proud of the person you are or realize you still have so many changes you need to make. I am so grateful for this mission experience and all I have learned, but I am even more grateful that I still have time on the mission to learn and improve. 

I have really gained a testimony of prayer and scripture study on the mission. The last few weeks I have been praying so hard requesting the Lord to give me answers to the questions I have. I was neglecting the power of scripture study though... I began to realize how prayer and scripture study work TOGETHER! Sure Heavenly Father loves it when He hears from us through prayer, but a lot of the answers to our questions are in the scriptures. By not reading them we are holding ourselves back from the answers we seek. 

I hope that everyone had a Happy Halloween! Sister Montoya and I dressed up :) I don't really know WHAT we were... but we threw some things that we had on and said we were the American Flag... Haha! It was fun! 

It is getting loads colder here! Winter is here! 

I am so grateful for the letters I received this week!!! Thank you so much for the love and support! :) 

We are teaching two different people at the moment. Michelle and Anthony. We found Michelle while chapping doors. She is so kind. She is searching for God and his love. It means so much to me that we have what she is looking for. She has the cutest three year old named Kayla. I am so excited to see them again this coming week! :) Anthony was found while we were walking home late one night. We stopped him on the street and he said that he has met with missionaries before. We asked if he would like to meet with us again and he said he would like that. :) 

Moves call was last night! So scary! But no worries! Sister Montoya can't get rid of me that easy! ;) 

Quotes of the Week:
"You reach the greatest heights while on your knees."
"Prayer is the provider of Spiritual strength." -Pres. Monson
"Prayer is less about changing our circumstances and more about changing us. It is about seeking His will and asking for His help to do what we need to do." -E. Pearson
"In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance."  -Pres. Uchtdorf
"Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad, and a soul that never loses faith in God." 

Scriptures of the Week:
*2 Nephi 32:4- we must pray for understanding and answers. The Lord is waiting for us to come to Him.
*2 Nephi 32:5- It is by the power of the Holy Ghost that we can know what we must do.
*Johm 14:26-27- The Holy Ghost will teach us and help us know of truth or what to do, but we must first study, search, and play. 
*Doc. and Cov. 9:8-9- Study and ask in prayer to receive revelation by feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment