Saturday, October 19, 2013

Sister Griffin

This is Kelsey's mom...
Heather and I are going to be maintaining Kelsey's account while she is gone. We will post pictures and parts of e-mail that we get from her to keep you all updated.
Kelsey got up at 5:30 on Wednesday even though we didn't have to leave the house until 10. She was very excited to start on her journey.
Nannie, Grumps, Heather, me (mom), her dad and cousin Katie were all at the airport to send her off. She was so happy and excited. She gave us all letters and gave us all hugs and then collected all of her things and said, "I'm ready....." she paused and look around curiously and said, "where do I go??" It was so funny!

Rolling out...
Grumps, Kelsey & dad
The momma & the baby
Nannie, Kelsey and Mom
Besties
Final hug from dad.
I'm ready... so where do I go??

We didn't hear from Kelsey on her layover and were very concerned, wondering if she made her connecting flight. By 2 a.m. our time her flight landed and by 4 a.m. we still hadn't heard anything so I e-mailed the MTC asking if she arrived. Around six I received the following e-mail:

Hahahah, sooooo.... I'm "Sister Griffin, the one with the mom calling everywhere looking for me...." So ya, I'm safe. They gave me more e-mailing time to try to calm you down... Hahahaha! It is so fun here! I have friends already! A really cool room with a really nice view! All is well! Tell Heather to e-mail me too!!!!

It was good to hear from her and I am sooo relieved that she has friends because we all know how quiet, shy and unfriendly Kelsey is (hahahaha).

She also messaged my yahoo account:

Well ello gubna! Hahaha! Just kidding! I made it to England! The flight to Atlanta was about 3 hours. When we were landing in Atlanta the clouds looked like something only Dr. Suess could create! I'm sorry I was unable to call in Atlanta! I couldn't find a phone! There are 3 other sisters here! They are so friendly and we all get along pretty well already! I love you all! Pictures to come maybe next week!
-Sister Kelsey Griffin

That sums up things we have heard up until now. I am not really savvy with technology so my posts will not be as cool as I know they could be but I will do my best to keep up the latest info on this sweet girl. Thanks for your patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment