Monday, November 4, 2013

Actually Ireland...

Dearest Friends and Family,
Hiya! That is what the Irish folk say when passing each other if they aren't drunk :) How are you all? How was Halloween? What is happening over there in the states??  Anything grand and exciting?

The enter key works here!! They didn't have one in England on the keyboard!

This week I finished the journal that Matthew gave me and I am onto the one that Shaela gave me! Woot, woot! I have loads to write all the time!

Thank you so much Kinsie for your mail!!! <3 that means so much to me! I got mail in the MTC and Mission Home from you! Everyone was so jealous because I was so popular ;)

If anyone would like to write a letter to me you can send it straight to my flat 
Sister Kelsey Griffin
22 Green Briar, Verdemont
Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Ireland

Packages cannot be sent to this address however... I guess they can be sent to the mission home! If anyone was thinking of maybe sending me something I would love tights! Thick colorful tights! I heard they sell nice ones at Express... But if you don't want to send anything because it is too pricey I understand!!! :) 

I recently learned that it is called the "Hill Cumorah" NOT the "Hilkamorah"... that was a tad embarrassing.

The Irish do not say their "th's" so it would be "Look at tose tree tree's over tere!" Bahaha! It is kind of hard to get used to...

The MTC is a lot like school, and I loved it! I was so sad to leave! I made so many friends there! But it is fun (and freezing) over here in Ireland! :)

Have you ever wondered if it is you are the Spirit? Well there is this awesome broadcast where David A. Bednar is talking and he says to QUIT WORRYING ABOUT IT! If it feels right-do it. 

Sister Allen at the MTC shared a wonderful quote with me before we parted, "God has not called me to be successful. He has called me to be faithful." I think that can be applied in anyone's life. We all make mistakes, but if we have faith that the Lord will help us through it we don't need to worry! :) 

On October 30th at 6pm we left the MTC on a bus and went to the mission home in Scotland. President Brown is AMAZING! And his wife is so cute and tiny! Momma, you would be taller than her!!

I sent out letters! Did anyone get them? 

Everyone at the mission home was so kind. As soon as we got to the mission home we all put on tennis shoes and went out to hike a "hill" (mountain). It was so windy I thought I was going to fall down and I said if I did on my way down I would shout "As you wish!" Seriously guys, it looked kinda like the hill from that movie!!!!! When we got to the top we all got in a circle and sang the hymn "High On the Mountain Top" then sat by ourselves for a wee bit and made personal mission goals. It was good even though it was freezing!

I was assigned to serve in the Dublin, Ireland mission with Sister Douglas and she will be training me for about 3 or 4 months... She has been out for 4 months already. This is where she started her mission, so everyone here already knows her quite well. They miss her companion and seem pretty disappointed that I am replacing her companion... Woops...

The ward I am in is all so friendly though, even though they miss the other sister.

Things that Sister Douglas and I have in common: 1. we have the same first name, but it is spelled different. 2. we are both lds. 3. we both love the color pink... ya, we don't have too much in common. But we work pretty well together :)

We spent the night at the mission home at at 5am on the 31st of October we took a bus until noon then a ferry until 3pm then a bus until 6pm and then the elders in our ward picked us up and we went to a families home for lasagna, french bread, and this really yummy potato salad. We had red velvet cake and ice cream for dessert. Needless to say I felt as if I was in heaven even though I was so exhausted! They also had pumpkins for us to carve. I carved CTR :) Today Sister Douglas and I looked at our pumpkins and noticed that they caved in and were filled with mold. It was so gross!!!!

On November 1st it was my first real day out in the mission field. Tracking is when you go door to door and knock while telling people about the gospel. Over here they call it chapping. We did that for a majority of the day. And stopped anyone that we saw on the street. I already stopped a drunk man who got angry and grabbed my shoulder when he found out I am in association with "those bike riding Mo-mons" as he said... It was kind of funny...

After my first day my whole body ached from walking so much and I was freezing cold and starving. We didn't have any food so we stopped at the store on the way to our flat and bought some milk. When we got to the flat we made a box of the mac and cheese that Mary gave to me! IT was AMAZing! Thank you so much Mary!!! <3 

I have already invited two people to consider being baptized. Their names are Nick and Michelle. They both said that as they continue to learn more about our beliefs and if it feels right they would love to be baptized. It was amazing! 

Okay guys, look in 2 Nephi 9:39 and try to find the word smile. Let me know if you do :) 

This week I really learned and understood what it means to trust in the Lord. We need to hand Him all of our emotions. Tell Him when and why you are happy or sad or lonely or frustrated or nervous or anything. If you give Him your stress or anxiety or depression know |He will take it away and will help you to be happier. It was such a relief to know that I don't need to worry about anything. I just need to trust that everything will work out. There is a really cool story that I want you all to try to find. The Parable of those who have taken upon themselves the name of Christ and how important He is in my life. And if you find it maybe you can e-mail it to Matthew. It is truly amazing.

Also, I was wondering if you guys would like to participate in a game! What does CTR mean to you? Choose The Right, Children Think Righteously, Christ True Righteousness, Cherish The Restoration, Christ The Redeemer, Change True Repentance, Come to the Rescue, Cling to the Rod, Current Temple Recommend, Charity Transends Religion... are a few that we have thought of. I bet you guys can think of more! Tell Nans and Grumps! They are good at this kind of thing :) 

I hope all is going well! You are in my prayers. Love you all! Talk to you next week <3 xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment