Monday, November 25, 2013

Top of the Mornin to Ya :)

Well, this morning I became a legal citizen of Ireland :) Woot, woot!

OH MY DAYS!!!!!! I got a package on Wednesday!!!! Thank you so much my beautiful family!!!! (Yes, Shaela and Kaitlyn, you are also apart of the fam!) I loved getting some sunshine from Arizona over here to cloudy Ireland!! And oh my goodness, those Starbursts were delightful! I loved all the suns also! You all are the best <3 Thanks a bill!

This week went by really fast! I can't believe that it is already P-day again!! I hope that everyone had a wonderful week :) Last week I again tried and tried to upload pictures... I am so sorry I am so bad with technology!!

Shaela Noble! I have been feeling like rubbish all week because last week on P-day while I was e-mailing you the computer shut off and my time of e-mailing was over!!!! :( I love you though and will try to send you a super long e-mail today!! :D

This week I attended my first Zone Conference. It was fun :) It is basically like a giant meeting that missionaries go to and we all sit at a table and listen to people speak. It was good though :)

I finally got letters from my Momma and Heather that were addressed to the MTC this week :) Thanks for those! I love to get letters!!!

We walked to a members house this week during the night and it was a really cold night, so when we got there she made us hot chocolate! Oh. My. Goodness!! It was one of the best cups of hot chocolate that I have ever had!! So chocolatey and she added caramel to it! YUM!

We have an investigator with a baptismal date. His name is Virgil. He is the sweetest man. He just wants to do the right thing so badly and tries so hard to make everyone happy. His wife is not okay with him taking the discussions and coming to our church. She actually hid his Book of Mormon from him this week. We are hoping that even though his family is against it their hearts will be softened enough for him to enter the waters of baptism on December 15th!

Oh my goodness! The other night when we got home from a long day of walking around I went into the bathroom and there was the BIGGEST spider on the wall! I shouted for Sister Douglas. I figured since she likes the title of being my "mum" she would take on the responsibility of killing that spider, but she was too scared... Boy, I took a shoe to it and smacked it quite a few times just to make sure it was really dead. Be proud, I won that battle with a creepy crawley.

Sister Douglas has decided I am a "fast faller asleeper". I think she gets offended that I fall asleep so fast without much talking... I can't help it though! Everyone who knows me knows how easy I fall asleep! No joke, my head hits the pillow and I'm gone until morning!! 

This week was "ignore the Verdemont Sisters" week. (We are called the Verdemont Sisters.) No one would answer our calls, people would cancel our plans, and no one would let us into their homes which resulted in us walking through neighbourhoods and knocking on a lot of doors. I don't mind it though! I think it is fun because you never know who will be behind that door! :) 

The blisters on my heels are getting really cool! The one on my left foot is HUGE. There are like three blisters on top of each other! Question, are you supposed to pop blisters? The one on my left foot was oozing yellow stuff a few nights ago and it hurt really bad! But it is starting to feel better :) No worries! :)

Mmmm, I am getting better at cooking! The other morning I made myself an egg in a basket and it was delicious if I do say so myself.

Speaking of food! McCleary did it again and made us another AMAZING meal! This time it was Mexican Taco Irish Lasagna or something like that :) It was sooooo good!!!! :D My mouth is watering just thinking about it! I need to get that recipe for her and send it out to you guys so you can attempt to make it for yourselves!! :D The meal was again completed by eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream for dessert! I have had more Ben and Jerry's here than in America! It has been fabulous!!!

Some scriptures that I have really enjoyed this week are 3 Nephi 13:32-33 and Alma 37:36-37 if you wanted to read some nice scriptures feel free to look those up :)

As Thanksgiving is coming up I would like to say some tings that I am thankful for....
I am very thankful for my family and my friends. Distance really does make the heart grow fonder. I really can feel all of your love and support from way over here. I am thankful for the scriptures. I know that there are answers in there that can help us with anything in life. I am also thankful for prayer. I never quite understood the importance of prayer, but I do know that Heavenly Father is there listening to what I have to say. He loves me and He cares for me. I am thankful for the kind people of Ireland and all of the wonderful members in the ward I am in. I know that this is where I am supposed to be for the next year and a half and that makes me so happy. I love you all so much! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! <3
xoxoxo
-Sister Kelsey Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment