Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello!! :D

My dearest friends and family,
I sincerely hope that all is going well with you back in the states! :) Are you all preparing for Thanksgiving? Is it true that "Thanksgiving is on the third Thursday in November?" I have been asked that several times this week! However, I heard that Thanksgiving is on the 4th Thursday this year... What is that all about? What are your plans for Thanksgiving?? :D In my ward we are having an American Thanksgiving part on the 28th I'm pretty sure :) It will be so fun! 

This week has been so great even though the weather is getting soooo much colder! Don't worry Momma, I'm not frozen yet :) 

So, I know that I already asked for many things for Christmas, but I was thinking about it and another thing that I would really appreciate is an e-mail or letter from everyone sharing your testimony with a picture of you doing something Christmas-y! :) Ex: building a snowman, knitting a hat, making ginger bread men (Nannie, I am going to miss those yummy guys this year!), singing Christmas carols....Ya know, that kind of thing :) 

Katie and Heather!! Thank you so much for all of the notes that you sprinkled all over my things! I am still finding them! The baby hands one in my jacket pocket was very clever!!! :p

So, one thing that I am still trying to get used to is all the sister missionaries hugging each other and saying they love each other ALL the time. I mean, sure, I am a fan of hugging and loving each other is pretty important... But it is a little weird when you just meet them and they grab you in a hug and tell you how much they love you! Haha, it is sweet though :) Something different, that's all.

Here there is a TGI Friday's, but it is advertised as "The American Restaurant and Bar: TGI Friday's". Isn't that funny? Out of all of the other American restaurants they choose that one to give us credit for...

Have you ever tried Hazelnut milk? We bought it for the first time last week and oh my goodness!! I loved it! I recommend it! :)

So.... Sister Douglas's mother sent her some workout equipment this week. It is this stretchy thing that you hang on the door and close the door and then you put all of your body weight on this stretchy thing and it is supposed to support you... Hmm, that might not make loads of sense, but I am going to continue my story anyhow. Sister Douglas was working out with this thing for about half an hour the other morning then she asked me if I wanted to try it. It looked fun, so I said yes. As I am putting all my body weight on it I thought to myself that with my luck the door would open and I would fall straight on my bum... Guess what. As soon as that thought entered my head the door flew open and I crashed on the ground! I am pretty sure I bruised my butt. It was hilarious though. Sister Douglas still laughs at me for that one.

Oh my goodness! So, also on Thursday we had a dinner appointment with a return missionary named McCleary. She promised us homemade mac and cheese with Ben and Jerry ice cream for dessert. Needless to say I had been looking forward to Thursday all week long. The mac and cheese was SO good! And she put bacon in it!!! :D Then cookie dough ice cream for dessert. Basically, I was in heaven!!! hahaha

Heather, remember that one time when you borrowed my boots and got really nasty blisters on your feet and got mad at me? Well, don't worry, the blisters on my feet from the new boots I got are pretty permanent. It is so gross! The skin on my heels fell off, and their are blisters growing on blisters! :o Don't worry though, I am finally able to walk normal again. When my feet were tender I was walking like a pregnant lady... It was probably pretty hilarious to see! :) 

Well, this is the week I am going to add pictures! I am going to try until the computer kicks me off! I love you all! Have a wonderful week!! :) One scripture that I really enjoyed this week is 2 Nephi 32:2-5. I hope you find it enjoyable as well! :) 

Much love always,
Sister Kelsey Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment