Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Another week in Glasgow :)

Well, this week was a crazy one. We had exchanges. That is when the Sister Training Leaders (STL'S) are companions with us. I was companions with Sister Ricks and Sister Moore was companions with Sister Jones. The point of exchanges is basically to learn. To learn what to improve on and what you are doing well at. Sister Moore and Sister Jones went to the STL's area. That means that I was in charge of leading out the area here in Glasgow. When we went on exchanges I had barely been here for a week! I was so nervous!! Sister Moore was so sweet to me though. She wrote out directions, described the people, and helped me know what we should teach them. Some of the people we were planning to see I hadn't even met! Sister Ricks is very kind. I learned so much from her on exchanges. I also learned how much God helps us in our lives when we cry out to him. There were a few times when we were walking the streets in Glasgow when I was just praying so hard that I wouldn't get us too lost. For anyone that knows me, you know how directionally challenged I am. Spin me in circles and I probably won't be able to get us home... but, with the help of Sister Moore and listening to the Spirit I was able to find my way. I love this gospel so much. I do know that we can do anything with the Lord on our side. Sister Ricks and I were able to teach good lessons and find nice people. This was one of my favourite exchanges!

Yesterday we had "Zone Development"! It was a lot of fun! We played volleyball, some elders tried to teach me to throw a football, we played Frisbee, there was a talent show. The whole thing was great fun! :)

I hope that you all have a wonderful week, and don't forget all that God does for you. Notice the many miracles that take place in your life. 

PS the picture included is a part of the talent show. It isn't the best quality of picture... Nor is it probably as funny to you as it was to me. Our Zone Leaders are just so funny. The one with the lasso is from Wyoming and the one in the giraffe/cow onsie is from a small town in Canada. They were demonstrating what they would do at a rodeo if they were to catch a cow and tie it up. Haha, ya... sorry... the story probably isn't as funny to you... but I am laughing really hard right now remembering it again!!! :D 

Love you all! :) 
xoxoxox
-Sister Kelsey Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment