Monday, January 26, 2015

Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag... but I am going to STORNAWAY!!!

Hello my friends and family! 

Well, it was moves call last night and I am indeed moving far, far away. I am going to the Isle of Lewis. CRAZY! My companion is from France. I won't get to my new area until Thursday night!!! Goodness, I am already tired of my just HEARING about my travel plans ;) I will miss Sister Montoya and allllll my friends in Limerick so so much. But I know the Lord has a plan for me. It is hilarious that I am going to Stornoway because that was the running joke of where I thought it would be so funny if I got sent WAY over there... Sister Cannon and I made a plan that she would come to Stornoway to kill me off way back when we were in Glasgow together... maybe now it will happen! 

I am excited because I will be back in the same zone as Glasgow. We have to skype in for District Meeting. haha, that will be weird.

We have two friends here in Limerick that we JUST got with baptism dates. I have so much confidence in Sister Montoya to take care of them. :) 

I will miss the close communication with McCleary Kent and Sister Cannon... but I will learn a lot on this tiny island. 

Funniest thing that happened this week was when we went star tipping (thanks for the idea Sister Caswell) with Sister Montoya, Elder Scott, Elder Hutchings, and Elder Butler! It is when you look at one star and spin really fast and then someone runs over and shines a light in your face and you fall down no matter how badly you try not to... Hahahah! Those elders think they are so tough, but then they can't help but fall down!!! 

I made two amazing apple pies this last week. I know that Sister Montoya and Elder Anderson, Butler, Hutchings, and Scott are sad I won't be here to make them more pie... Hahah!

I am going to an island off of Scotland. I am very excited. I will have a new address, but until I get it you can feel free to send me post to the mission home. 

I will be taking 2 or 3 ferry rides. I don't usually get motion sickness, but the last 2 ferry rides I took I was rather ill... so we will see what will happen this time!

Does anyone know where Katie Smith is going on her mission? 

Love you all! Have a wonderful week! Thank you for your love and support. I love my mission. I love all that I have been able to learn about myself and about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to be able to serve here in Scotland and Ireland. Time goes by too fast. I will continue strong, till the work is done. 

Love Sister Kelsey Griffin 

Last District Meeting in Limerick, Ireland...



No comments:

Post a Comment