Saturday, December 28, 2013

Well, Christmas came and went...

I don't have much time to e-mail.... but I just wanted to let you all know about what's been happening with me! :)
On Wednesday the 18th we had 3 dinners!!! :o Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to die. I almost started to cry during the third meal. The first one was hamburgers and chips (French Fries) with a shake. The second one was a HUGE traditional African meal. The third was spaghetti. They were all yummy. The members were too kind for doing that for us. I was soooo stuffed!
Appointment books:




Have you heard of the book The Continuous Atonement? It is by Brad Wilcox. I recommend it to everyone... True I only heard someone read 3 paragraphs out of it, but it definitely seems like a good read. Make sure to tell Nans about that one!
On December 19th Sister Douglas and I had just got off the train and were walking home around 9pm... Suddenly I just got the WORST feeling that we shouldn't keep walking. I told Sister Douglas and she grabbed my arm and started running back towards where we had come. While we were running we called the Zone Leaders to ask where we should go. It was dark and pretty sketchy out. They told us to call Sister Shine to see if she could pick us up, but that we shouldn't return to our flat. She came and got us, let us borrow pj's, and we got to sleep in the attic on a spare bed that she has. It was fun. She is so kind! :)
We FINALLY got the General Conference Ensign! :D
On 21 December we went to the City Center with YSA and other Missionaries and we caroled in pouring rain for about an hour and a half! It was so fun!!



Somebody blew a blow horn...


A few nights ago while we were out chapping we didn't really know where we should go... Sister Douglas decided to say a prayer. In the middle of her prayer I heard a noise and looked up. There was a girl coming towards us on her bike so I stepped back so she could easily come either in between Sister Douglas and me or behind Sister Douglas. When Sister Douglas heard me step away she stepped back also... then BANG! She got hit by a bike!!! Bahahaha!!!! It was so funny! The girl that hit her apologized several times then hurried and rode off shouting "Merry Christmas" to us. Oh goodness, just TRY to picture it, it really is hilarious. Don't worry, she isn't injured!



NANNIE!!! Thank you so much for the blanket that you made for me and sent to me!! I keep thinking how much I miss my quilt and wish I had a blanket, then poof, I get one! It is beautiful also!
Everyone who sent me a card or a gift or positive thoughts- thank you all so much! I appreciated all of it! I am so blessed to have such caring friends and family! I don't know how I will ever be able to repay you all!!!
So, I don't have much time left, but I will quickly tell you about Christmas Eve and Christmas! :)
On Christmas Eve we had District Meeting (like we have every Tuesday) at 10-noon. After District Meeting we had to take a bus back to Blanch Center and it took about 2 hours because the traffic was dreadful!!
Around 3 we went chapping on doors and it started to snow!!! I had my first white Christmas!! :D ...well, the snow didn't stick, but I am counting it anyway!




At 3:45 we went to a less active families home. They fed us some really yummy food and we had wonderful conversation with them! They really are just too kind to us.
The Zone Leaders picked us up at 5:30 to take us to Finglas for our Missionary Christmas Eve! All the missionaries in our Zone met up and we played games and ate! The Senior Couple made us tons of food! IT WAS SO FUN! :D

THEN IT WAS CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! Sister Douglas woke me up at midnight and I was so excited to open presents... but she told me to go back to sleep. At 6 we woke up and opened my parcels!! :D It was so fun! Again, I really am blessed with such loving friends and family! I got many wonderful goodies, cute clothes, a blanket, etc. I love it all! :D
At 8am we made Rice Krispy Treats. By 10am the Zone Leaders came  and got us so we could Christmas Carol at less active members, investigators, and recent converts and give them goodies. Such a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas!



Then we went to our wards cantada! :) It was lovely. There were so many less active members there.
The O'Farrell's fed us a HUGE meal at 4-6.














We went to Sister Shine's to Skype. By half 6 I was looking at my mom, dad, Heather, Shaela, Nannie, Grumpa, and Cricket! It was shocking, weird, but fun! I don't even remember a lot of it... I was just rambling on and on and on!!!! I'm so sorry if they got bored! Haha! I couldn't stop talking! ...shocking, I know ;)
It was overall, a very Merry Christmas!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well. Know how much I love you all and appreciate all that you do for me! <3
This week I really enjoyed the scripture 3 Nephi 12:43-48 if you want to read it, it is a good one :)
Talk to you next year!! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment