Monday, January 20, 2014

Moves Call!!!!! :D

Oh my goodness! This week was amazing!! :D

On Monday the 13th we (Sister Douglas and I) met up with other missionaries at Christ's Church and toured it. It is HUGE! It was a lot of fun! Hanging out with other missionaries is always a good time! Afterwards we went to Burdock's Fish and Chips for dinner! it was so yummy!! :) 

January 14th I taught about a Christlike attribute in District Meeting. It was my first time teaching at District Meeting, and I was a little nervous, but the lesson went well :) After the District Meeting we went to Sister O'Farrell's. She told us she would be our main way for transportation for the week so I can rest my ankle as much as possible. She is so kind and always ready to serve. AND she makes the most amazing food all the time!! Man, we were spoiled this week! :) Tuesday evening we were supposed to meet up with an investigator named Isaac, but he never showed up. It's okay though because we had a really good lesson with him Wednesday evening. 

This week I learned if you plug your nose and take a bit of banana you will hardly taste it, but when you unplug your nose it's like a burst of banana flavour in your mouth because the taste of banana is mostly through smell!! Crazy huh? Go try it! :) 

When we had our lesson with our investigator Isaac on Wednesday evening he told us the one time he went to Scotland he tried the Scotland camel and I asked if camel tastes good... He meant cigarettes. Haha, I guess I'm kind of naive. 

Isaac came to a baptism with us on Sunday morning, and then came to church with us right after the baptism. The new Zone Leader (Elder Sewell) was in the middle of giving a talk when all of a sudden Isaac raised both arms high in the air and shouted "AMEN"!! It made me jump so high! Then he bowed his head and started whispering "hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah!" It was interesting. He doesn't like sacrament meeting very much because he thinks it's too quiet, but he really enjoys gospel principles class and participates a lot. 

I have been asked what happened to our investigator's Michelle, Virgil, and Nick. Michelle disappeared off the face of the earth. Her number changed and no one is ever home when we try by. Virgil had a baptismal date and was so excited to be a member of our church and to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, but his wife was not okay with it. Virgil needs to focus on his wife right now and so the baptism is on hold for awhile. He is very sad about that. Nick was not in our area so we referred him to some sister missionaries in his area. Things were going well, but he is convinced he was a 40 year old man before this life and died in war... He stopped the lessons after learning about the plan of salvation. 

Moves call was last night!!! Sister Douglas was so nervous all day! She is going to Dunfermline (in Scotland) and will be a Sister Training Leader!! :D She is so excited! That will be perfect for her! She is a great leader! I am staying here in good ol' Clonsilla. Sister Caswell is coming to be my companion. She actually just finished training my good friend from the MTC, Sister Allen! :) Lots of changes were made this transfer! Pretty exciting! 

Scripture of the Week: Doctrine and Covenants 123:17- our mission scripture :)

Quote of the Week: "I Am Called Of God" My authority is above the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commision is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and latter-day work." -Elder Bruce R. McConkie
(After 2 months together, Sister Douglas and I memorized this :))

Have a wonderful week! :) Thank you for your prayers for my ankle! It is getting a lot better! I am almost walking normal again!! :D
xoxoxox
-Sister Kelsey Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment