Monday, January 6, 2014

Well, finally things are getting back to normal :)

We have been working a lot with less active members. It has been a lot of fun. There are so many less active members. It is so fun to go visit them and let them know that they are loved. There are so many people who stop going to church because they don't feel loved at church. As a member, it is so important to step out of your comfort zone and help everyone recognize that they are a child of God. Being at church is important. They have friends at church who will help to strengthen them. I wish that more people would reach out to less active members all over the world. A majority of them just need a friend. That's not too difficult of a task for anyone to take on. 

A while back we got a phone call from a guy dropping us. I was on the phone with him and he was telling us that he didn't know if he could believe in Jesus Christ the way that we do and his mother doesn't want him to learn more anyway. It was the first time I was experiencing being dropped and I had no idea what to do so I asked my trainer Sister Douglas... She shrugged her shoulders and said, "Say SOMETHING!" So I said, "Well, thank you for telling us your concerns. Have a nice life." Then I hung up. I wasn't trying to be rude, but when you usually hang up the phone you would say something like "see you later" and I knew I wouldn't be seeing him later... Sister Douglas was a little shocked... Haha! Then when we were out chapping we knocked on the door and the guy who answered was the guy I told to have a nice life. Oh goodness, it was a little awkward. :) But that is just my life, full of awkward :)

We have exchanges this week and I am super nervous!!! What will happen is Sister Douglas will go to the Sister Training Leaders area with Sister Lewis and Sister Lowry will come to Clonsilla with me. She has never been in this area before. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I have absolutely no sense of direction. I have been tested by Sister Douglas so much in December and the beginning of this month to see if I can get us to places. Luckily I know where a few places are.... Haha, hopefully Sister Lowry likes adventure because getting lost can be an awfully fun adventure if you ask me :) 

Scripture of the week: 3 Nephi 11:14 -This is when Christ was resurrected and He was having the multitude come unto Him and look at the prints in His hands and feet and see for themselves that He was the man that was hung on the cross and He was resurrected. Christ wants us to know Him and recognize Him. He is patient as we come unto Him and try to learn of ourselves who He is. Today He does not come to us in a physical being, but we have the wonderful opportunity to learn from Him in the scriptures and at church. Through prayer we can draw ourselves closer and closer to Him and see Him a little bit better. I am almost done reading the Book of Mormon for my second time. It is really such a blessing to have that book in our lives. It brings me so much peace and happiness. I promise that you can find happiness and answers to questions in that book.

Quote of the Week: "I believe in Christ, like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it, but by it I can see everything else!" -CS Lewis

Have a wonderful week! Start the new year off right :)
xoxoxox
-Sister Kelsey Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment