Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Well, I'm Kelsey :)

Hi, my name is Kelsey. I have been thinking and thinking of whether or not I want to start a blog or not. I am not very good with technology. It took me over an hour to figure out how to make a blog and do my first post! Things will get easier the more I do it... *Fingers crossed* I will be 20 in September and I am preparing to go serve the Lord for my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). I will be leaving in October to serve for 18 months in the Scotland/Ireland mission. I am very excited! I will be 100% honest... my life is NOT super exciting. BUT! I have been through quite a bit and thought, why not share? Maybe you are going through the same thing. Maybe you need to read something to make you smile. I am a pretty happy person and try my best to get people to smile! :) OR, maybe you have a few hours to kill and are browsing the internet... That is what I do. And some people have some really great blogs out there! 
I have graduated high school in 2012. My senior year of high school I began to date and amazing guy. His name is Matt. Our relationship started on August 26, 2011. He was a junior. He is so handsome, and my best friend. After I graduated from high school I went to Eastern Arizona College. It was a great experience to learn how to live away from home. Don't get me wrong, I missed my friends and family A LOT! I have a little sister who is 3 years younger than me and one of my BEST FRIENDS! <3 She is absolutely perfect and beautiful! I have a beautiful mother who everyone says I look just like. I have an amazing dad who does not live with us anymore, but always welcomes my visits. Then, there was Matt. We talked and talked about if breaking up would be the best decision... Boy! Just talking about breaking up made my heart ache! Haha, okay, I may seem like a drama queen, but you will never be able to understand the pain until you are in the situation. Finally, we realized if even talking about breaking up made us ache, then breaking up would not be good for us. We dated through my 1st semester of college. We ended our relationship on January 5, 2013. It was tough, but by this time we both knew that we wanted to serve the Lord our God by going on a mission and if we continued dating we would just distract each other from preparing to go serve. We still remained best friends. We would go on dates, and study Preach My Gospel and the scriptures, and talk a lot still. He has helped me through so much in my life! Okay, okay! Woah! Enough about Matthew for now! We will get back to him later! I also left behind my amazing cousins Katie and Heidi who are like sisters to me! And two very best friends Shaela and Jennifer who would always be there for me when I needed a girl's night! There are so so sooo many other people I left behind when I picked up to move to college, but if I listed all of them that would be way too crazy! I had it pretty good at home! But sometimes you need to branch out and see what else the world has to offer. 
  Luckily for me, college was an amazing experience as well! It was hard living away from all those people, but college was only about 2-3 hours away from home so I would go home most weekends :) I made so many new friends at college. I got good grades. I learned new things. Goodness, looking at it... It sounds like my life is perfect. I can promise you I definitely have many challenges, but I don't like to focus on that. I believe with every challenge comes a blessing, so I just try to wait patiently for the trial to be over. Haha!
With many friends leaving on missions and me preparing to leave I decided a blog would be the perfect place for me to express my feelings on how I handled it, and when I get out there, how my mission is. :) Hope you enjoy it! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you, even though you are a big goooooofball!

    --DaD

    ReplyDelete